1) Imogen is on the move now and Seren has found it hard to adjust to Imogen grabbing at her toys and wanting to sit or stand next to her (“she is in MY place!”).
2) When we’ve got baby toys out for Imogen to play with they’ve been commandeered by big sis who suddenly shows an interest in a baby walker. So Imogen is getting early ‘lessons’ in turn taking and sharing. I do feel sorry for her when she is happily playing with something and gets it snatched off of her and foresee years of refereeing ahead.
3) A friend commented that the sisters’ relationship has been enhanced now that Imogen can sit up, and when they are in the right mood they can sit and play together very well. This is especially true at bath time as Imogen can sit unaided now and they love to splash about together.
4) Seren LOVES to push Imogen in the swing. Imogen is not sure about this however.
5) ‘She did it!’. So, when Seren undid her seatbelt on the motorway this week and I had to come off the motorway to find somewhere safe to pull over and get out to strap her back in, Seren was adamant that Imogen had undone the seatbelt. Which, if you aren’t au fait with the constraints of a baby carseat and the strength and agility of a 9 month old, is physically impossible! I’m not sure what I was more cross about, the seatbelt undoing or the fib…
On the whole, they do still adore each other and we have had lots of cute moments. The smiles they give to each other are still heart melting.
Sisters | October 2014