Whoop we made it through the first half term of Seren’s school career. She only started 5 weeks ago, and only goes for a few hours a day but we are all tired and ready for a break! Andy is taking a few days off too so we can do some things together which is nice.
Our plans for the week are:
- Relax, relax, relax. Though the social schedule is filling up fast, I think it’s important we get some time when we are not rushing around.
- Dig out hats and gloves – there’s a real chill in the air now.
- Head out for an autumn walk to pick up leaves and conkers (and branches and pinecones to support mummy’s Christmas decorating plans).
- Write our letters to Father Christmas. A little early but once it’s written it’s set in stone, right? That way I can keep an eye on the requested items and hopefully get a bargain.
- Sort out the mountain of toys that we already have – they appear to be multiplying and there are hundreds of homeless small pieces. I’ll be honest this has been on my To Do list for about 6 weeks.
- Set to work on one of the craft kits that Seren got for her birthday. I’ll post some reviews of these if that works out.
- Go swimming – we have a pool party as well as her regular swimming class.
- Heading into London – not sure what to do yet!
- A trip to Willow’s Farm near St Albans for pumpkin picking (not sure who is more excited about this – Seren or I).
- Then pumpkin carving, Halloween decorating and crafting. I’m sure I bought some craft bits in the post-Halloween sale last year, I just need to find them…
- Dressing up and putting our scary faces on for a Halloween party.
- Finishing off the week with a bang in the form of a local (early) Bonfire Night firework display if the weather is good!
Have a lovely week if you’re off too this week!