Muslins are one of those multi-use items that you’re not sure how you lived without before you had children (sort of essential like baby wipes but with many, many more uses!). They are great for cleaning and taking make-up off when your baby no longer needs them too. I don’t remember there being much choice of design, size or brand of muslin when Seren was born but over the last couple of years, the choice has grown and I love looking at the different patterns now available.
Stylish French baby brand Babymoov recently sent us a set of their muslin blankets to try. We received the ‘Dream’ set (there are 6 patterns to choose from) of 3 super soft 100% cotton muslins – 1 large (80cmx80cm) and 2 regular sized (60cmx60cm).
We took the pack on our recent holiday to Norfolk (nowhere is a ‘double duty’ product more welcome than when travelling with children!) and enjoyed putting them to the test there. The days of protecting my shoulder from baby sick and using a breastfeeding cover (traditional uses for muslins) are now gone but they are still super useful, especially in the summer for things like:
1) Sitting or lying on instead of a picnic blanket.
2) Wiping too much sunscreen off faces and sand off of hands.
3) Covering baby’s head when they won’t wear a sunhat.
4) Using as an arm sling or bandage either in case of real injury or as part of a teddy bear hospital game.
5) Playing peekaboo – Imogen’s absolute favourite use! She can cover her face / head herself now with a muslin and then pull it off with a huge smile.
6) Using as a wrap sling to help carry weary small children home after too much fun on the beach.
7) Lining car seats to protect them from damp, sandy children.
8) Using as a lightweight summer blanket.
9) Using as a sheet cot when you forget to bring one (depending on size, the large Babymoov muslin would be suitable to replace a pram or crib sheet).
10) As a comforter, for baby to snuggle when going to sleep, especially if it smells of home!
Read more about the innovative Babymoov brand on their website and you can also buy the Babymoov muslin set online for £19.99.
We were sent the muslin set to review. All words are my own.